We are very excited to be working on the new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP and we are looking for a Designer to help us achieve our goals. You will work closely other members of the team to develop Dune on next-generation platforms. You will be working on the gameplay team working on a large-scale survival title set in the Dune universe.
- Design, implement and balance cutting-edge game features including player abilities, aim assist/shooter mechanics, RPG progression systems, and more.
- Work with the systems and gameplay teams to implement entirely new gameplay features as well as adjust and update existing gameplay features.
- Work directly with other designers, UX, QA, and playtest groups to refine and improve gameplay.
- Prototype and implement new gameplay content with editor and scripting tools.
- Work with sound, VFX, and animation to make in-game cause and effect clear to players.
- Generate and maintain feature and content usage documentation.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- Fair working hours – We believe in a good work/life balance, so we offer a crunch-free environment
- Holiday Allowance – We offer 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus all 8 UK bank holidays
- Annual Salary Review – Every year we will review and consider everyone’s salary for increase
- Company Pension – Employer contribution matching on the UK government automatic enrolment scheme
- Continued Learning – We offer free Udemy courses at any experience level, for those wanting to go deeper
- Quarterly Events – Join us every quarter as we take a load off for a fun event, meal and drinks
- Project Wrap Parties – It’s important to celebrate the victories, when your project ends you can look forward to a well-deserved meal and drinks
- Food and Drink – Free tea, coffee, soft drinks and food, all available in our office fridge
- Central London Location – All of the above is available in our fantastic central London space, only two stops from London Bridge
- 3+ years of Game Design experience, with at least one shipped title.
- Experience, as a designer and as a player, with online games/titles.
- General understanding of game engines, technology, and the game development process.
- Experience developing combat systems, camera systems, and class/role-based gameplay.
- Experience with scripting including Blueprints or LUA or similar language.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft product suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with general combat design.
- Experience with console development.
- Design experience within UE4.
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence.
- A Passion for survival-based games.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and investigate other options and ideas.