We are very excited to be working on the new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP and we are looking for a Lead Programmer to help us achieve our goals. You will work closely other members of the team to develop Dune on next-generation platforms. You will be working on a large-scale survival title set in the Dune universe.
- Responsible for the underlying architecture for the game or backend systems.
- Oversee the work being done by any other developers working on the project.
- Be sure that the best practices, development processes, and coding standards are followed by all team members.
- Act as a mentor for new or junior software developers or programmers, as well as for all the members on the development team.
- Ownership of development plans and have supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work and ensuring that software projects come in on time and under budget.
- Fair working hours – We believe in a good work/life balance, so we offer a crunch-free environment
- Holiday Allowance – We offer 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus all 8 UK bank holidays
- Annual Salary Review – Every year we will review and consider everyone’s salary for increase
- Company Pension – Employer contribution matching on the UK government automatic enrolment scheme
- Private Health Care - Health care supplied through BUPA for all permanent employees
- Continued Learning – We offer free Udemy courses at any experience level, for those wanting to go deeper
- Quarterly Events – Join us every quarter as we take a load off for a fun event, meal and drinks
- Project Wrap Parties – It’s important to celebrate the victories, when your project ends you can look forward to a well-deserved meal and drinks
- Food and Drink – Free tea, coffee, soft drinks and food, all available in our office fridge
- Central London Location – All of the above is available in our fantastic central London space, only two stops from London Bridge
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture and software patterns
- Prior experience in managing teams of programmers
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Large experience with C++
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working on one or more released titles
- Experience with large scale networking projects
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games
- Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies, including SCRUM and KANBAN
- Experience working remotely with a third-party development partner